5 April 2015

Goodbye March, Hello April!

Source; Google
Happy Easter!
I hope you're all eating a plethora of chocolate, spending a lovely day with family and/or friends! Unfortunately I'm stuck at work, but I've had a lovely weekend off with my boyfriend eating really bad food and watching Fifth Element. Multipass!

March has now been and gone, it's taken a precious hour of my beauty sleep away from me, and in return has given me some sunshine, good times, good food and a hell of a lot of birthdays.


I'm updating Instagram more and more lately, and this is a little mix of the things I've done recently. Dirty (but good) food from Bodean's, drunken selfies in Fontaine's toilets (classy), more good food from Hawksmoor and Chin Chin Labs, a beautiful Spring morning in Clissold Park, this adorable Turkish Restaurant in Drury Lane; and followed up with a picture of an outfit with a recently finished me-made dress, being a picnic blanket (blog post to come.)

How has your March been?
I'm still looking forward to Spring turning up and helping me kick my bad habits away - currently I have a big problem with wanting to sleep all the time and definitely not wanting to do the adult things. Like not spend money on new shoes I don't need, or wanting to go to work, or getting in and out of bed at acceptable times. Tell me, do those mystical "people with their shit together" people actually exist?

If so. Tell me your secrets.


Away from that. How goddamn amazing is this fabric from Tuppence Ha'Penny's Spoonflower? I'm in love with her whole Cocktail Hour line as it is just so great - perfect if you're a Midcentury-loving alcoholic like myself!



And speaking of fabric, everyone's favourite sewist released a new line recently - Gertie went and made fabric! This Horrockses-esque stripe is by far my favourite, although that windowpane chiffon with bows would almost make me consider working with chiffon (we all know it's the fabric of the devil.) I said almost.

I'm actually looking for some good fabric at the moment because I'm somewhat uninspired on the sewing front after finally finishing my bloody Swirl dress three months after Beccie's Swirl-along deadline. I've mentioned it before but I'm the worst at sewing for a deadline - any tips for organising my time better would be much appreciated!
Is there anything you've got your eye on at the moment, or any projects on the go?


I wanted to end this post with a bit of positivity, today in the form of the Artist Carol Rosetti. These are just two images from her expansive gallery, picked in particular due to their resonance with myself and my body issues. This set is wonderful, and expresses positivity in all walks of life, from body to age, gender, image, sexuality, disability and other things few and far between.

I'm currently on a mission to kick my mental health, to accept every part of me and to love myself.

I wish you all love and happiness, and the ability to love and accept yourselves too!
Have a great weekend,

Melody ♪


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips