13 September 2014

Check, Please!



On the back of my post about Kew, I thought I'd have a little chat about my outfit - and the me-made Check Please dress that has featured briefly on the blog before. Because Gareth took a lot of lovely photographs of me, I'm extremely vain and also I'm pretty damn good at colour coordinating my outfits!








This dress was actually made a year ago, now! And I loved it when I made it, but I just never wore it until the sun came out this year - and it's one of those dresses that I wear more often than I really should. 
It was really simple to put together, the fabric is a beautiful 100% cotton check, fully lined with the softest white cotton I've ever felt (rescued from curtains, unbelievably!). The pattern is self-drafted, the No Cock Nor Tails bodice with a knife pleat dirndl. That's it, really. No pockets (gasp! horror!), no frills, just a damn good gingham dress!



Dress; Check, Please! Me-made
Bolero & Belt; Collectif
Necklace; Topshop 
Shoes; Miss L Fire
Handbag & Bangles; Vintage from Old Spitalfields Market




From me to you, my darlings, have a lovely weekend!

Melody 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and very inspiring! I've never knife pleated a dirndl before, I've really got to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! And what is this "wear more often than I really should" business?! If you like it, wear it - that's what I say. And why not when it's such a lovely dress. Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleats on dirndl's are my saviour! I really need to learn to do something different, but I always get such a good result! The knife pleats aren't my favourite ( I prefer box pleats, they seem to sit better ), but they look good with a gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And by that, I do mean I was wearing it about three times a week, I bet people were getting bored of seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Can't go wrong with a good gingham dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pleats on your dress are perfection, what a Gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips