13 May 2017

Dinner and A Drive In With Lindy Bop!

Every now and then two items come together and you realise they were clearly made for each other.

Today, those two things are the Drive-In print Audrey Dress from Lindy Bop and The Diner Box Bag from Vendula London.


See? Made. For. Each. Other.

Over the last few months, I've become somewhat obsessed with the border prints from Lindy Bop, and I was lucky to be asked to choose one to review for you guys!


The Audrey is their signature silhouette, a Breakfast-At-Tiffany's-style bodice with a gathered skirt that flares from the natural waist. Based on the size guide on their website and previously-ordered Audrey sizes, I got the 22 in this style.
I will say off the bat, this dress is actually on the tight side especially across the bust for me, so I would suggest sizing up unless you have a really small bust - maybe even two for you busty gals out there!

Pro-tip; don't try on a dress when drunk, overlook the tight bust and take the tags off straight away. Silly idea!


The base colour is a lovely midnight blue, with bright red, yellow and blue balloons flying throughout the night sky that makes up the top of the skirt and the bodice - and of course, the border print of brightly-coloured Chevrolet's driving on through the theatre!

I know the one question I always get asked about Lindy Bop items is because of their price point (This dress was originally £35 full price!) people are sceptical of the quality of the items - I'm going to put it out there that you're going to be so pleasantly surprised. The fabric is a nice medium-weight cotton with a little stretch and a hint of a sheen, making it soft against the skin and fall nicely. As this is a spring/summer dress it's not fully lined, but the bodice is lined in a soft cotton.

It also features my favourite thing ever - POCKETS in the side seam!


Fitting issues aside, as that was mostly my fault for not ordering a larger size before I ripped the tags off (thank you wine), I actually love this dress. Not only is the quality great, but the colours are so wonderful and it really makes the print and wearing a red cardigan and accessories really made the whole thing pop! It does come with a belt, but it was more coral-red than true-red so I swapped it for my own.


And of course, I had to add the Diner Box Bag to the outfit - the colours were so on point with the dress, it would have been a shame not to! 

Hair Flowers; Lady Luck's Boutique
Necklace; Vintage
Bangles; Splendette and Vintage
Brooch; Luxulite
Bolero; Collectif

Now since I mentioned the Diner Box Bag... It's time to announce the winner of the Vendula London Giveaway! 
Drum roll please...

Alieke Maaike! 

Congratulations Alieke! Please check your emails because I'll be sending you a cheeky little email soon!

And thank you all for participating, I wish you could of all won! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips