10 March 2013

I'm Still Around, I Promise!

March has come upon us, and let's be honest, the cold weather and winds of England are getting tiresome.

I have been sewing, in between regular visits to London to see my boyfriend, work, volunteering and the dreaded "spring cleaning" that's happening, it's just the idea of getting everything up together to photograph that's proving not too easy.



Another problem I'm having is finances, the months after Christmas are often pricey for me, my boyfriend's birthday, our anniversary and valentines, mother's day, and then my brother and his girlfriend's birthday [they're 18 this year and I bought him his passport - bank account says OUCH] all happen before March is even done, and I'm finding myself unable to budget in fabric at all. [can we all just appreciate that minimum wage is a terrible place to be?]

So alongside my Sewlutions to start wearing colour [More on that in a later post, I promise!], I've decided to add a new Sewlution - STASHBUST.




I don't have a large stash, but in 10 of these 11 boxes is a mix of fabrics, some silk scraps from university, some dyed fabric gone wrong, and some lengths of fabrics that can easily be made into something.
It's quite nice, in some ways, not having the money to buy fabric, because you can see potential in what you have, and it can force you to step out of your comfort zone on pieces of fabric that you put away to "work on when you have the knowledge"

So forgive me, my dear readers, for I planned to be proactive with blogging and start my way into my internet famous ideas, and so far all that's happened is radio silence.
We've already gone through that I'm not too good at promises, but you guys take the time to follow and read my blog - you at least deserve some content! I'll be good, now!



I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, and for all the mothers in the blogosphere - Happy Mothers Day!

Melody ♪

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I knoω thiѕ іѕ ѕomewhаt off topіc but I waѕ wοndering if yοu knеω wherе I coulԁ
    find a caρtcha plugin foг my comment form?

    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having diffіculty finding one?
    Thаnks a lot!

    Look intо my web pаge; Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips