11 August 2012

Wrapped Up...

Butterick 6292 - Modes Royale - Prominent Designer A622 - Simplicity 2842

Can you tell what I'm making?

I'm coming across strange hurdles [why are my boobs so difficult?!] in the making of this, but I have learned;
  1. Why armhole notches are so important
  2. My boobs are awkward
  3. Sweetheart necklines on wrap dresses don't work so well
  4. My boobs are awkward
  5. I need to work on my dart placement
  6. WHY ARE MY BOOBS SO F-ING AWKWARD.
Important lessons, you see. But me and my wrap dress, although getting off on a wrong foot - and a handful of fitting issues still - are in a small whirlwind romance. And I haven't even started on the skirt.

melodymae on Instagram




What are you up to this weekend? I'm determined to get this damned dress finished!!
Hope the weekend is full of the sunshine we're getting here in the sunny south!

Melody ♪

3 comments:

  1. Oh good luck I hope you sort out this fitting issues. Sorry I can't help, I'm always struggling myself. But I can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fitting issues I can deal with, to be fair. It's got a bit of pointy-boob going on, but I'm not too worried! Hopefully it will be finished and photographed tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing it made, I'm sure it will look gorgeous! Everyone having different body types can be so annoying, especially when you're trying to follow a pattern and it doesn't look quite right on you. Sure it will be fab! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips