30 July 2012

Let's talk Burda!

Thanks to Anna at paunnet, I realised it was that time of the month [not that time of the month!] for a new issue of Burda!


After a few of the dresses in her scans whet my appetite, I headed off to 'Smiths to have a cheeky look [I'm horribly indecisive when it comes to buying magazines!] to see if the issue was worth the money, or a disappointment like last month's issue. Well. I opened it up, looked at the overview... and saw this;


Yes, it's technically a bikini. Yes, it looks shoddily put together and horribly ill-fitting on the model - but it's technically a bra and knickers! That put the nail in the coffin, and I headed straight to the self-scan [The Londoner in me still lives! I still hate engaging with other human beings!] and bought it.

To my surprise, the issue is pretty damn good. And I mean "I can see me making at least six of these" good - I'm horribly picky with my clothing, and would 90% prefer to make my own patterns, because I know what I want! [insert z-snap] So it's surprising enough to me that I'd make anything from it.

 


Honestly, though. This is a good issue! Lace collars! Peplums! Sailor trousers! Forties glamour! Full skirts!

Although, I'd much rather this fabric never existed. Ever. Ever ever. Oh god it hurts to have this on my blog.

I like to call this look "Kate Middleton on a bad acid trip"

I'm personally offended by it. I feel it's abusing me through the pages.
Bad Burda.

On the subject of bad Burda - "plus" sized girls!! Is anyone else groaning in desperation when their "plus" range pretty much consists of this?


Ugh. Ugh. UGH.

Maybe I, at 21 years of age, don't quite fit into Burda's "plus" demographic - which feels like it's a 30-something mother of two who has lost all understanding that being "big" does not mean you have to wear [or sew] sacks with sleeves - but regardless, I'm somewhat horrified at the sheer shapelessness, the frumpy, muu-muu styles that they seem to constantly throw out.

I mean, Burda, would it kill you to put a waist in there?!

So, lovelies, what are your thoughts on the issue? Would you make any of these? Will you be buying?
Are you horrified by their plus sized patterns as well?

Melody ♪

8 comments:

  1. Yeah am liking this issue. Only bought it once before(May) and have not been enthused by subsequent issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This issue looks great actually, I love the peplum top! Looking forward to seeing what you make! How much was the issue? XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. We absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your
    post's to be just what I'm looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content
    for yourself? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web site!
    Here is my page :: Amphora Tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's remarkable to visit this web page and reading the views of all colleagues on the topic of this piece of writing, while I am also keen of getting knowledge.
    My website > http://propertyinturkeyforsale.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my website thus i
    came to return the prefer?.I am attempting to find things
    to improve my website!I suppose its adequate to make use
    of a few of your concepts!!
    Here is my web-site - get rid of acne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of information on
    your site. Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You've performed a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg it
    and for my part recommend to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this web site.
    Here is my web-site ... how to lose man breast

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this post completely about the difference of
    hottest and previous technologies, it's remarkable article.
    my web page :: ferienhaus türkei

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Neat post. There's an issue together with your web site in web explorer, would check this? IE still is the market leader and a big element of other folks will omit your fantastic writing due to this problem.
    My web site: acne home remedies

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips