18 January 2012

Sewing Resolutions, and Why I Need Some Motivation.

Does any other bloggers get complete writers block and stare for hours at the input box without writing a thing?
That's me lately.

So as I said before, I'm planning on getting a bit more content on this blog, and with that I'd made some "resolutions" for 2012 that would help resolve this. I thought I'd make a little list so you can all see exactly what I plan on doing.

  • Make one thing a week. Thing meaning anything. 
  • Start making more of my own clothes.
  • Join in with a Sew Weekly Challenge every other week.
  • Get crafty. 
  • Learn how to hand embroider, knit, crochet and hand sew properly.
  • Make more of my own patterns.
  • Finally get around to making the Vintage Vogue's I've had for months.
  • Challenge myself - start doing linings, buttons, plackets, sleeves - anything out of my comfort zone.
  • Post up on here at least once a week.
  • Get a knicker giveaway sorted.
  • Get popular and take over the world.

Now, should there be any more (and there will) this list will grow, but for now this is enough to keep me motivated for at least the next hour (hello apathy!).

But for now, I'm having one of those weeks where I'm not sure if I'm on a downer or just lazy. You see, I spent a week in London last week with my boyfriend (yes - we are back together - celebrations are necessary) and when I wasn't eating things like this:

Illustrative boyfriend with a ridiculously-sized My Old Dutch pancake.
I was busy at the ballet, or a comedy club, or watching My Week With Marilyn (slightly disappointing), or getting drunk with Jeans. Which makes the utterly boring lifestyle I lead at home feeling slightly lackluster... Moreso than before, which is nothing less than pathetic.

But one good thing about coming back from London is that I get to unload my suitcases of "things-that-I-haven't-seen-in-months" and completely reorder my tiny room to accommodate the amount of useless shit I own. Along with that, I have all my patterns back, as well as more fabric - which means more sewing! And my semi-decent SLR-but-not-an-SLR camera and tripod - meaning more pictures of myself, too! Aren't I good to you guys?
But most importantly, I got to bring back Sebatian, my faithful printer/scanner/copier who I have been lost without. (Yes, I am one of those people who name my electronics.)

So my idea of making something this week has gone out of the window. I do, however, have three posts that just need some photos, and I'll get them up as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.

For the moment, though, I will leave you with my recent project of learning how to hand embroider:



And one question.

What would you like to see from this blog in future?

Melody ♪

1 comment:

  1. I know its an old post but I just found your blog tonight and have been looking around. Personally i'd love to see a bit more about how you actually make the beautiful clothes you make! You speak about them so easily as if they just appreared but I am baffled at how you can just put together a dress like that! Fantastic blog, happy to find it and I will stay tuned for more :) Congrats on what appears to me as you having achieved some of these goals this year :-) Vici

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips